The goals of the Children’s Garden Nursery School Parent Association (CGNSPA) are to support and promote the objectives of the school, foster a sense of community and help enhance our children’s overall learning environment. We do this by working in partnership with our director, Pauline Foulkes, to organize various fundraisers, special events and teacher appreciation.
Every family is an important member of the CGNSPA and a contributor to the Children’s Garden community. The success of the CGNSPA, how much and what can be done in any given year depends upon active parent involvement!
The CGNSPA is organized by a small group of volunteers that includes two co- presidents, a treasurer and new for 2013 a steering committee.
Volunteering is a great way to meet other parents and support the school. There are many ways you can contribute to the CGNSPA and the school community. The role you play and the time you spend is up to you. From running a fundraiser to sending in your feedback and creative ideas, every contribution helps, every contribution is a BIG contribution! Here are just some examples;
- become a class parent: Each class needs a parent representative for the school year. The role of the class parent is to be the liaison between the parents in the class, the CGNSPA and the school. This includes communicating upcoming events and reminders, soliciting volunteers, gathering feedback /ideas and coordinating teacher gifts;
- help with a fundraiser: The CGNSPA organizes a number of fundraisers throughout the year, for example the Halloween Happening, McMillan and Mabel’s Labels;
- be a parent representative for CGNS’ Public Open Houses: Come out and answer questions about your school for new and prospective parents;
- organize a guest speaker and;
- send in your feedback and ideas for a new fundraiser, for a guest speaker, for improvements…etc!
With your help we can continue to support our school and provide opportunities for families to connect, learn and grow!
All money raised from the CGNSPA fundraisers goes towards making enhancements to the school. For example, in the past funds went towards the purchase of new computers for the classrooms, educational programs such as Rainbow Plates and Handwriting Without Tears. In addition, we fund an end of school teachers’ appreciation lunch and a special end of year surprise event for the children.